Thursday, July 10, 2014

Picnic at the park and lessons I'm learning

Yesterday we decided to take a walk to the park near our house and found out there was an awesome splash pad there. The boys had a blast playing and of course deciding the mud was a lot more fun than the water. We brought a picnic which included cherries and luckily they were playing in water because kids and cherries are messy. This picnic was also my first lesson in Wyoming weather. While we were there it was hot, windy, not windy, cloudy, sunny and rainy (multiple different times). In a way it was really cool but the planner in me wanted to be prepared but you just never know here. 

The people seem a lot nicer too. In sacramento I seemed to always be apologizing to people when my kids got in their way or they had to move. But here it seems to be the other way around. People apologize to me for being in the way of my kids. It is an adjustment but one I think I will like. 

Thomas is doing really well in school and seems to be somewhat of a mentor to some of the other guys. He seems to be excited about getting further into the program and learning more. There are a few things you can be praying for us about; finding a local church to get invested in and some godly men Thomas can meet with, other moms that I can meet with and fellowship with, and that the boys can continue to adjust well to this change. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment